What Is Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is an inflammation of the appendix, a 3 1/2-inch-long tube of tissue at the junction of small & large intestine.
What Are The Symptoms Of Appendicitis?
Acute appendicitis is one of the most common medical emergency
The classic symptoms of appendicitis include:
- Dull pain near the navel or the upper abdomen that becomes sharp as it moves to the lower right abdomen. This is usually the first sign.
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and/or vomiting soon after abdominal pain begins
- Abdominal swelling
- Fever of 99-102 degrees Fahrenheit
- Inability to pass gas
What Are The Procedures Used By Dr. Ajay Chauhan?
Treatment is removal of the appendix. Laparoscopic appendicectomy is well established surgical procedure.
Dr. Ajay Chauhan is fellow of international college of laparoscopic surgeons, fellow of minimal access surgery, fellow of international college of surgeons.
How Is Appendicitis Prevented?
How Is Appendicitis Diagnosed?
Diagnosis of appendicitis by enlarge is clinical. Sometimes symptoms of appendicitis may be similar to other ailments, including gallbladder problems, bladder or urinary tract infection, Crohn’s disease, gastritis, intestinal infection, and ovary problems.
The following tests are usually used to help make the diagnosis:
- Clinical examination: Blood test to see if your body is carrying infection
- Ultrasound and/or CT scans: Delay in diagnosis by ignorance or inadequate treatment can lead to appendicular lump formation that complicates the treatment and outcome.
What Are the Causes Of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis occurs when the appendix becomes blocked, often by stool, a foreign body, or cancer. Blockage may also occur from infection, since the appendix can swell in response to any infection in the body.
Memberships & Previous Experience
Life Member of:
- Indian Medical Association
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- Association of Colo-Rectal Surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons of India
- Indian Hernia Society
- Society of Endo Laparoscopic Surgeons Of India
- Member Of The International Pilonidal Society
- Member Of European Society Of Coloproctology
- Consultant Surgeon at Jeewan Mala Hospital, Delhi.
- Director- Department of Surgery & Orthopedics, Park Hospital, Delhi
- Associate Consultant at Fortis Jessa Ram Hospital, Delhi
- Registrar/ Asst. Lecturer at Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha, Maharastra
- Registrar Surgery & Traumatology, Delhi Hospital, Bahadurgarh