What Is Anal Fistula?
An anal fistula is a tunnel that runs from inside the anus to the hole your body uses to get rid of solid waste to somewhere in the skin around it.
What Are The Symptoms Of Anal Fistula?
The most common ones are:
- Swelling and pus discharge around anus
What Are The Procedures Used By Dr. Ajay Chauhan?
Fistulectomy/Fistulotomy with or without Seton placement is the standard treatment for fistula in ano and is the only method with promising resuts and high success rates. Seton is used if required to save the anal sphincter along with fistula surgery.
Minimal invasive methods like fistula plugs, VAFT etc. have very high failure rates.
Dr Ajay Chauhan is fellow of international college of surgeons and member of association of colorectal surgeons of India and member of the European Society Of Coloproctology.
How Is Anal Fistula Prevented?
- Get plenty of fiber.
- Stay hydrated.
How Is Anal Fistula Diagnosed?
Mostly its a clinical diagnosis supported by MR fistulogram to see how extensive is the disease and that helps in predicting the outcome of the treatment.
What Are the Causes Of Anal Fistula?
Just inside your anus are several glands that make fluid. Sometimes, they get blocked or clogged. When that happens, a bacteria buildup can create a swollen pocket of infected tissue and liquid.
Memberships & Previous Experience
Life Member of:
- Indian Medical Association
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- Association of Colo-Rectal Surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons of India
- Indian Hernia Society
- Society of Endo Laparoscopic Surgeons Of India
- Member Of The International Pilonidal Society
- Member Of European Society Of Coloproctology
- Consultant Surgeon at Jeewan Mala Hospital, Delhi.
- Director- Department of Surgery & Orthopedics, Park Hospital, Delhi
- Associate Consultant at Fortis Jessa Ram Hospital, Delhi
- Registrar/ Asst. Lecturer at Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha, Maharastra
- Registrar Surgery & Traumatology, Delhi Hospital, Bahadurgarh