What Are Piles?
Piles are inflamed and swollen collections of tissue in the anal area. In common language there are khooni bawasir (haemorrhoid),sookhi bawasir (fissure).
What Are The Symptoms Of Piles?
An individual with piles may experience the following symptoms:
- A hard, possibly painful lump may be felt around the anus. It may contain coagulated blood. Piles that contain blood are called thrombosed external hemorrhoids.
- After passing a stool, a person with piles may experience the feeling that the bowels are still full.
- Bright red blood is visible after a bowel movement.
- The area around the anus is itchy, red, and sore.
- Pain occurs during the passing of a stool.
What Are The Procedures Used By Dr. Ajay Chauhan To Cure Piles?
Treatment depends on the symptoms and grade of piles from medical treatment to surgical intervention. Surgery may be conventional or stapled haemorrhoidectomy depending on the case.
Stapled haemorrhoidectomy has the advantage of no bleeding, no or minimal pain, early recovery, short hospital stay and minimal follow up.
Other fancy lucrative methods of treatment have higher unacceptable failure rates.
Dr. Ajay Chauhan is fellow of international college of surgeons, fellow of minimal access surgery and member of the association of colorectal surgeons of India and member of the European society of coloproctology.
How Are Piles Prevented?
Avoid constipation by any means.
- Drink ample water.
- Increase fiber intake.
- Get plenty of exercise.
- Don’t fight the urge of going to the washroom.
- Natural or medicated fibres or stool softener
How Are Piles Diagnosed?
A doctor can usually diagnose piles after carrying out a physical examination with proctoscopy or endoscopy
What Are the Causes Of Piles?
Piles are caused by increased pressure in the lower rectum.
The blood vessels around the anus and in the rectum will stretch under pressure and may swell or bulge, forming piles. This may be due to:
- chronic constipation
- chronic diarrhea
- lifting heavy weights
- straining when passing a stool
Memberships & Previous Experience
Life Member of:
- Indian Medical Association
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- Association of Colo-Rectal Surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons of India
- Indian Hernia Society
- Society of Endo Laparoscopic Surgeons Of India
- Member Of The International Pilonidal Society
- Member Of European Society Of Coloproctology
- Consultant Surgeon at Jeewan Mala Hospital, Delhi.
- Director- Department of Surgery & Orthopedics, Park Hospital, Delhi
- Associate Consultant at Fortis Jessa Ram Hospital, Delhi
- Registrar/ Asst. Lecturer at Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha, Maharastra
- Registrar Surgery & Traumatology, Delhi Hospital, Bahadurgarh