What Is Pilonidal Sinus?
How Common Is Pilonidal Sinus?
It is a common ailment that affects hairy men, particularly young adults who sit for long hours and lead a sedentary lifestyle.
It is more common in men than women.
What Are The Symptoms Of Pilonidal Sinus?
Some more symptoms are:
- Pain while sitting
- Sore or red skin around the depression
- Swelling of cyst
- Formation of cyst/abscess
- Blood or pus oozing out from the sinus
- Foul odor
What Are The Procedures Used By Dr. Ajay Chauhan To Cure Pilonidal Sinus?
Dr. Ajay Chauhan uses a variety of procedures to cure Pilonidal Sinus, the procedure selection is done after inspecting the patient and the severity of the case at hand.
Dr. Ajay Chauhan believes that according to one simplest classification of pilonidal sinus Disease-Type 1: asymptomatic pit, Type 2: acute pilonidal abscess, Type 3: pits in navicular area and previous abscess and drainage, Type 4: extensive disease, or Type 5: recurrent disease, treatment varies from medical to minimal invasive to more radical surgical procedure.
Prevention is for sure to keep your back free from hair apart from other life style changes.
How Is Pilonidal Sinus Prevented?
- Maintaining hygiene and cleanliness
- Increasing activity levels
- Keep your back free from hair by any means
- Avoiding a sedentary lifestyle
How Is Pilonidal Sinus Diagnosed?
However, in some cases, an Ultrasound and/or MRI might be required.
What Are the Causes Of Pilonidal Sinus?
This immunization process gives birth to a cyst around the hair. Overall Pilonidal Sinus is triggered by the following reasons:
• Abnormal growth of hair
• Friction caused by the clothes
• Sitting for long durations
• Inactive lifestyle
• Prolonged sitting
• Excess body hair
Dr. Ajay Chauhan is an esteemed member of the elusive International Pilonidal Society. His profile can be viewed by clicking the button below.
Memberships & Previous Experience
Life Member of:
- Indian Medical Association
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- Association of Colo-Rectal Surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons of India
- Indian Hernia Society
- Society of Endo Laparoscopic Surgeons Of India
- Member Of The International Pilonidal Society
- Member Of European Society Of Coloproctology
- Consultant Surgeon at Jeewan Mala Hospital, Delhi.
- Director- Department of Surgery & Orthopedics, Park Hospital, Delhi
- Associate Consultant at Fortis Jessa Ram Hospital, Delhi
- Registrar/ Asst. Lecturer at Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha, Maharastra
- Registrar Surgery & Traumatology, Delhi Hospital, Bahadurgarh