What Is Hernia?
What Are The Symptoms Of Hernia?
In most cases, hernia is simply a painless or that may not require immediate medical attention but sooner or later will require treatment. However early medical attention should be taken if following symptoms appear:
What Are The Procedures Used By Dr. Ajay Chauhan To Cure Hernia?
Surgery(mesh repair) is the only Treatment for any kind of hernia.
Please note that any kind of hernia belt or any compression device is dangerous and mentioned in the books to condem it.
Laparoscopic mesh hernia repair is the gold standard method worldwide at present.
Dr Ajay chauhan is certified and trained in basic & advanced laparoscopic surgeries from AIIMS.He is the life member of Indian hernia society and the society of Endo & laparoscopic surgeons of India and fellow of international college of laparoscopic surgeons.
How Is Hernia Prevented?
Risk of developing Hernia can be minimized with the following tips:
- Not smoking
- Seeing your doctor when you’re sick to avoid developing a persistent cough
- Maintaining a healthy body weight
- Avoiding straining during bowel movements or urination
How Is Hernia Diagnosed?
A Physical examination in which the doctor may feel for a bulge in your abdomen or groin that gets larger when you stand, cough, or strain denotes the presence of Hernia.
What Are the Causes Of Hernia?
Activities and medical problems that increase pressure on the abdominal wall can lead to a hernia. These include:
- straining on the toilet (due to long-term constipation, for example)
- persistent cough
- cystic fibrosis
- enlarged prostate
- straining to urinate
- being overweight or obese
- abdominal fluid
- lifting heavy items
- peritoneal dialysis
- poor nutrition
- physical exertion
- undescended testicles
Memberships & Previous Experience
Life Member of:
- Indian Medical Association
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- Association of Colo-Rectal Surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons of India
- Indian Hernia Society
- Society of Endo Laparoscopic Surgeons Of India
- Member Of The International Pilonidal Society
- Member Of European Society Of Coloproctology
- Consultant Surgeon at Jeewan Mala Hospital, Delhi.
- Director- Department of Surgery & Orthopedics, Park Hospital, Delhi
- Associate Consultant at Fortis Jessa Ram Hospital, Delhi
- Registrar/ Asst. Lecturer at Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha, Maharastra
- Registrar Surgery & Traumatology, Delhi Hospital, Bahadurgarh